Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Been Awhile, but I had a BABY!

It has been a crazy last few months. As many of you know, I was pregnant throughout the Ryan Home building process. My expected due date was October 11, 2012, and our official closing date was September 20, 2012! Well we knew we were cutting it close, but we had no idea how close when our little boy was born nearly 3 weeks early. 

Our inspection, final walk through, and closing went smoothly (I'll post more on that later), and we had our things moved into our new house September 21-23. Knowing that my due date was fast approaching, and wanting to get things at least unpacked before our little one arrived, we were working at lighting speed to get everything put away. Well with all of the excitement (and stress) I went into labor a "little" early on September 25th. A little less than 24 hours later, our healthy, precious baby boy was born. 


So in the course of one week we had our inspection, final walk through, closing, moved into our new home, and had a baby! So, I apologize for my significant delay in posting updates, but I think I had a good reason :)


Needless to say, our lives were CRAZY for about 3 months. However, now I'm finally ready and excited to update you all on the finishing of our home, our inspection, final walk through, closing, moving in, our one month home check up, and the updates that we have made on our home! Lots more will be posted in next few days!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on closing, moving and the new baby! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm glad it all turned out, it sounds like a whirlwind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...how do you like neighborhood? Anything you would have done differently now that you have been in the home for a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE our neighborhood. I can't say enough good things about it. Loved our project manager. We couldn't have asked for any one better. But TONS of things we would have done differently. I'll be posting about lots of them, but just to list a few, we would have had them leave off more shelves in the closets (we redid most of them when we moved in to custom fit our needs), beg them to paint the whole house white instead of the off-white color (because now we have to paint the ceilings too), we would have kept the attic pull down stairs, probably go with a different cabinet color, have them fix the hardwood floors before we moved in (where they weren't installed correctly)... just to name a few.

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie, there you are!! What an experience and whirlwind!! I think it is an absolute blessing to start off in a new home with an new baby!! Awwww! That is so awesome and you all look so happy!

    Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us--it is a pleasure!! What is your baby boy's name?

    Can't wait to hear about all the updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Many many updates to come. As I'm sure you know, you learn so much through the home building process. I can't wait to share.

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog and really enjoyed all of the tips and questions that you listed. I have made some notes of things to ask about. We are starting the process of building a Verona in Rosemont. I am so happy to hear from someone else that Rosemont is a great neighborhood! We had that vibe the very first time we drove through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and wanted to say thank you for giving so much great insight on the home building process and such good info about Rosemont. It helped us decide on reserving a lot and we will be building an Avalon Isle in Rosemont, hopefully done before OUR first baby arrives mid October!

    ReplyDelete